Rocky Road Cheesecake Brownies! I love a good cake as much as the next guy but, sometimes I just want to try something a little different. The other night was one of those times. I had been outside mowing the yard for a few hours and when I came in I wanted something sweet so bad I just couldn’t stand it! So ensued the pantry digging. I scored a box of brownie mix, some pecans, some Oreo cookies, marshmallows, and some sweetened condensed milk. Hum, what on earth could I make with these ingredients? Well, I came up with what I am now calling Rocky Road Cheesecake Brownies. They consist of a fudgy brownie with nuts, cookies, and marshmallows on the bottom and a creamy cheesecake layer on top. They taste so good chilled with a tall glass of milk. This is a recipe that I will make over and over, especially when I want to wow people at get-togethers!
|PREP: 20 minutes||COOK: 40 minutes||YEILD: 9×13 pan|
- 1 box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped Oreos
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, water, and oil.
- Fold in the pecans, Oreos, and marshmallows.
- Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking dish. (set aside)
- In a different mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl while mixing.
- Pour over the brownie mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes (or until lightly brown on top)
- Remove and cool for one hour.
I have found that serving this with some extra Oreos on top with a glass of cold milk. I have also discovered that they are really good once they are chilled in the refrigerator for a while.