This recipe is a fantastic one-dish chicken cordon bleu casserole! One thing I always loved about having a big chef kitchen was that I could make a huge mess! Realy big messes happen when you are creative, right? This new recipe was worth the mess. We all love chicken cordon bleu, and it can be an easy dish, but once you make the sides that go with it, it can get complicated. So, enter the one-dish version of the casserole! It is full of potatoes, chicken, ham, and cheese. It was easy to throw together so I could go spend my time doing other things, like spending time with my family and the visiting puppy in the house.
|PREP: 15 minutes||COOK: 50 minutes||YIELD: 9 x 13 dish|
- 2 large baking potatoes (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 4 chicken breast (cubed)
- 2 cups cubed ham steak
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated provolone or swiss
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Simply Maurie Kay Grill Seasoning
- Top with panko bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Peel and cube the baking potatoes (small cubes are best).
- Cut the chicken into bite sizes.
- Cut the ham steak into cubes.
- Grate the cheeses.
- Layer the ingredients (in order) in the baking dish.
- Top with Panko and bake 45 minutes.
- Broil on low for the last 5 minutes to brown the panko.