Tonight was just crazy at my house and this Easy Layered Taco Casserole saved the day! Ya see, Raychel is packing up to move into her own place and I am trying to get ready for a big trade show, so dinner is not something I had time to focus on. Raychel had the idea for this layered taco casserole and as soon as she shared, I ran with it. It was fast and simple, which is exactly what we needed tonight and the best part is that there isn’t any leftover. The family went back for seconds and thirds which tells me it was definitely a hit!
Layers of chips, meat, cheese, and more, it is sure to become something you make over and over again.
Try it out when you are having a crazy night and see what you think!
|PREP: 5 minutes||COOK: 20 minutes||YIELD: 8-10 servings|
- 1 pound ground hamburger meat
- NOTE: I always keep pre-ground beef in my freezer just for this reason, when I am in a big hurry, I just defrost for a minute or two and it is ready to go.
- ½ cup of water
- 2 cups crushed tostada chips
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese (like Colby Jack)
- 1 package Uncle Ben’s 90-second Spanish rice
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 2 Tablespoons Simply Maurie Kay Taco Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, place 1 cup of crushed tostada chips and ½ cup shredded cheese.
- In a saucepan, heat the ground hamburger meat, ½ cup of water, and the 2 tablespoons taco seasoning.
- Pour the warm mixture over the chips and cheese.
- Microwave the rice as directed and layer that on top of the meat.
- Layer on the frozen corn and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sour cream.