Oh Man, this Taco Biscuit Casserole Recipe is the ultimate fast family meal! I was having a really busy day, ya know, the kind when you look at the clock and go, “WHAT! 6:00 already?”. I hate those types of evenings, but with the lack of routine going on right now they seem to be happening more often. But it was OK because this easy recipe saved the day! I had it on the table within 35 minutes (and that included defrosting some hamburger meat)! The best part about this Taco Biscuit Casserole Recipe is that it has amazing flavor. Filled with beans, corn, cheese, and spices… we thoroughly enjoyed this meal.
So, on those busy nights reach for this one! I guarantee you nor your family will be disappointed.
|PREP: 15-20 minutes||COOK: 20 minutes||Yield: 8-10 Servings|
- 1-2 pounds cooked hamburger meat
- 1 can Ranch Style beans (pinto or kidney) Do not drain
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons Simply Maurie Kay Taco Seasoning
- 2 Cups Pioneer Baking Mix
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook 1-2 pounds of hamburger meat until done (drain grease).
- Add beans, corn, water, and taco seasoning. I use my own brand (Simply Maurie Kay Taco Seasoning) but a package of McCormick’s will work too.
- Stir well, turn off the heat and let simmer.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, milk, and sugar to make a sticky dough.
- Grab a 9 x 13 baking dish, and pour the meat mixture in to cover the bottom.
- Evenly spread the shredded cheese on top.
- Take the biscuit dough and drop in large spoonfuls on top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.