Let’s talk EASY! Easy is what this Crock-Pot King Ranch Casserole is! I love using a crock-pot on busy days and let me tell you, I love my Cuisinart Crock-Pot!
There are so many variations of a good Crock-pot King Ranch Casserole but I think this one has to be my favorite! Not only is it easy, but it is just as tasty the next day.
When I had the restaurant I would take the leftover Chicken Tortilla soup (modify it a little) and make King Ranch Casseroles. Well, now that I am a chef at home I don’t always have leftover soup! I came up with this really basic recipe that is so easy to make in the crock-pot! I am sure you are going to love it. It has all the flavor of a King Ranch Casserole but this recipe for my Crock-Pot King Ranch Casserole doesn’t have you opening cans of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, which I like because that means it has less salt. I serve this with a veggie and some additional corn chips for an easy and satisfying family meal.
|PREP: 10 minutes||COOK: 4 Hours||Yield: 10 servings|
- 2 large chicken breast
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 can sweet corn (drained) or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (I use mild, but that is an individual preference)
- 1 (8oz.) Block of cream cheese
- 2 ½ cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 3 cups hand-crushed tostada chips
- 1 Tablespoon Simply Maurie Kay Grill Seasoning
- Place the chicken breast in a crockpot on low heat for 3 ½ hours.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Shred the chicken (it should just fall to pieces using a fork)
- Add the corn, Rotel tomatoes, and the cream cheese.
- Stir well, and allow to warm.
- Add the cheese, grill seasoning, and the crushed chips.
- Stir well.
- Once the cheese has melted serve with a veggie and some additional chips.