I can’t help but get really excited when I find just the right combination of flavors that make up a wonderful recipe and this lemon-lime freezer pie is no exception. It is a scrumptious combination of sweet and tart sitting proudly on top of a graham cracker crust just waiting for the perfect fork. My fork just happens to be the perfect one to enjoy this summertime treat.
The best part is it is a no-bake, easy peasy recipe that you can make look divine with just a little bit of “cheat”. I take a little bit of green food coloring to get it to the perfect shade of green. I have even divided the filling and made it two different shades of green which is how I once served it at a cooking class at Fall Creek Vineyards. Yes, that is how gorgeous you can make this lemon-lime freezer pie look on a plate!
So, get ready to discover what you are going to dub as your favorite summertime pie!
|PREP: 15 minutes||COOK: No-bake – Only 4-6 freezer hours||Yield: 1 pie|
For Crust –
- 1 pack of graham crackers (9) crushed
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Country Time lemonade powder
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 small (8 oz.) container of CoolWhip ( save just a little for the dollop on top decoration)
- Crush the graham crackers and place them in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter and the sugar.
- Mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a glass pie plate.
- Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, food coloring, and lemonade drink powder.
- Mix well.
- “Softly” fold in the cool whip (minus the little in reserve).
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes before slicing.