I just love it when I can come up with an easy recipe! This Easy Chicken and Shrimp Pasta recipe is definitely one of the easiest I have made in a while! It comes together within 30 minutes and has you going back for seconds.
Tender chicken and baby shrimp, over penne pasta, covered in a spicy white wine sauce will have your family and friends thinking you toiled away in the kitchen for hours. I would even go so far as to say that this recipe is date night worthy.
|PREP: 5 minutes||COOK: 20 minutes||YIELD: 8-10 servings|
- ½ box (8 oz.) Penne pasta
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup small frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon White wine
- 2 teaspoons Simply Maurie Kay Cajun Seasoning
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- Prepare the pasta as per the directions on the box.
- While that is boiling, sit out the shrimp to defrost and use a grill pan or a George Foreman Grill to grill the chicken breast
- When the pasta is done, drain the water and place the cooked pasta in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in the shrimp, wine, Cajun seasoning, butter, and cheese.
- Stir until the butter melts and the shrimp become warm all the way through.
- Slice the chicken and place it on the top of the pasta when ready to serve.
- Taste and add additional Cajun seasoning and salt to taste.