Call me frugal! I love taking leftover food and making a totally different meal. When I make pork loin (they come in two’s) I always have one leftover. Instead of having the same meal the next day, I took it and made this amazing Pork Stew. It was so easy to make and tasted amazing with some fresh bread.
- ½ green bell pepper (diced)
- ½ white onion (diced)
- ½ stick of butter
- Pork loin (cut into bite sizes)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 4 russet potatoes (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Simply Maurie Kay Grill Seasoning
- Dice the ½ bell paper and the ½ onion.
- Place the ½ stick of butter in a stockpot with the peppers and onions. On a stovetop, cook until they are tender.
- Add the pork loin, 2 cups of chicken broth, 3 cups of water, 1 ½ cups of diced carrots, 4 cubed russet potatoes (I peel mine), 1 ½ cups of sliced mushrooms, and the seasoning ( I use my own blend – Simply Maurie Kay Grill Seasoning – but you can just add salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste).
- Boil on the stovetop for 15 minutes (or until the potatoes and carrots are fork-tender).