We have probably all heard of King Ranch Casserole. At my restaurant, I use to take leftover chicken tortilla soup and turn it into King Ranch for lunch specials. What I never did was turn it into this King Ranch Pasta. The other day I really wanted to come up with something new and comforting. I looked in the pantry and reached for some favorites. I wanted something with a touch of spice and a lot of cheese (because cheese and comfort go hand in hand, right?). When I was putting this together, I thought that I would use corn chips as a thickening agent, just like king ranch casserole, but I did not realize I was out of chips until it was too late. So, with a few changes, King Ranch Pasta was born. The family was very pleased with the final product, and this recipe is immediately being added to this blog. No tweaks are necessary.
King Ranch PastaCourse: Main DishDifficulty: Easy
King Ranch Pasta is an easy family friendly recipe.
3 chicken breast (cubed)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
1 can sweet corn
2 cups of chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 box of Rigatoni pasta
3 cups shredded Monterey/Jack cheese
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a stock pot, sear the cubed chicken breast in a drizzle of oil (to prevent sticking) for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the 1 can of Rotel (I use mild), 1 can of sweet corn, 2 cups of chicken broth, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, and 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Once the liquid has started a small bubble, add the box of pasta.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes (until the pasta is tender).
- Stir in the 3 cups of shredded cheese.
If you liked this recipes, try my Easy King Ranch Casserole.