If you are looking for something a little different that is so easy to make then this Creamy Italian Chicken is just perfect for you. I used chicken thighs in this recipe but you can always use chicken breast. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it comes together so fast. I grab a bottle of Newman’s Own Italian Dressing a few other ingrediants and it all comes to gether to make this amazing Creamy Italian Chicken. You can serve this over cooked rice or even pasta. I promise it is something you will be adding to your weeknight menu often.
Ya know, I am a very busy person just as I know many of you are. It is always nice to have something so easy to make on a weeknight when you just want the oven to do most of the work.
Creamy Italian ChickenDifficulty: Easy
6 defrosted chicken thighs or 6 defrosted chicken breast
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup Newman’s Own Italian Dressing
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Worchester sauce
1 teaspoon garlic
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
2 cups heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice, or 1 box cooked pasta
- In an iron skillet (or oven safe large sauce pan), place the 1/2 cup of butter and melt.
- Place the chicken in the butter and lightly brown on both sides.
- Add to the skillet, 1/2 cup of Newman’s own Italian dressing, 1/4 cup of lemon. 1/4 cup of Worchester sauce, and 1 teaspoon of garlic. Stir.
- Place the skillet in a 350 degree oven for 45- 50 minutes.
- Once time is up, take the skillet back to the stove top and remove the chicken.
- Put the stove top on medium heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the suace.
- Whisk in 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the chicken back in the sauce and then serve over cooked rice or pasta.
If you love this easy recipe, check out some of my other easy recipes like my Easy King Ranch Casserole.