This easy butter cake is the cake I use when I want to have a beautiful cake for a party. I used it for all the birthday parties I hosted in the restaurant, and now I make it for all the family special occasions. Recently, Raychel, my beautiful (not that I’m biased) daughter graduated from The University of Texas at Austin. We had a small family gathering to celebrate, so of course, I fell back on this perfect butter cake recipe. I frosted it with my cream cheese icing (Raychel’s favorite), added some sparkle on top, some fresh flowers to garnish, and a graduation hat cake topper, which made it the perfect cake for a few pictures. I love that you can serve it with different flavors of ice cream or come up with different types of fillings for between layers (also making this a great wedding cake base). But the best thing about this easy butter cake? It tastes marvelous!
|PREP: 20 minutes||COOK: 20 minutes||YIELD: 2 – 9in. Rounds|
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz. at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Spray 2 9in. Round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Divide mixture evenly between the prepared two pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the center springs back when touched.
To make the Icing:
- Make sure the butter and cream cheese are at room temperature.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until the icing is creamy and ready to spread.
Ice the cakes, decorate, and enjoy!