Sometimes you can come up with something that you know you are going to make over and over again. Tonight, I created this basic dessert which I am calling a no-bake Oreo Chocolate Mousse, and I absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact, this No-Bake Oreo Chocolate Mousse Pie is now in my top 5 all-time favorite desserts. I came up with this because Raychel has a friend visiting for a few days and they wanted me to make a dessert. I had already been in the kitchen for a while making dinner and I just did not want to bake something that took forever. So, I visited the pantry and came up with this. This pie has a crushed oreo bottom layer, a chocolate moose middle, and a fresh whipped cream topping. I loved the way that it came together, and the taste is decadent! Seriously, you have to try this one!
|PREP: 15 minutes||COOK: no-bake||YIELD: One 9 in. Pie|
- 3 Cups of crushed Oreos (Approx. 23 cookies)
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 small package of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Using a food processor or hand processor chop Oreo cookies until you have approximately 3 cups.
- In a mixing bowl, add 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Mix with a fork and then press firmly into the bottom of a pie dish.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk the pudding packet, cocoa powder, and 2 ½ cups of heavy cream.
NOTE: This will thicken quickly.
- Make sure you scrape the sides and the bottom with a spatula at least once during mixing.
- Layer the mousse on top of the cookie crust and put back in the refrigerator.
- For the whipped cream topping, using the mixer and the whisk attachment again, whisk on medium speed the 1 ½ cups of whipped cream, ⅓ cup sifted powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until peaks start to form. Then increase the speed of the mixer and continue to whisk until the desired consistency. 2-3 minutes.
- Layer the whipped cream on top of the chocolate mousse.
- Garnish top with leftover Oreo cookies.
You can serve this immediately or chilled.