Light and airy, this Chocolate Delight was a popular recipe during the hot summer months at my restaurant. Now that we are hitting 100 plus degrees here in Texas for weeks on end, I am reaching for this light and cool dessert yet again.
This Chocolate Delight probably got its name from the layers of delight that your spoon sinks through as you are eating this. You can find many different versions of this online and in cookbooks. I actually found something similar in my 1916 Fredericksburg PTO cookbook the other day.
I love keeping this in my refrigerator as an after school snack on these dog days of summer.
|PREP: 20 minutes||COOK: 20 + 45 to chill||YIELD: 9 x 13 pan|
- 1 stick of butter (¼ cup) (room temperature)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup Cool Whip topping
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 small package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 small package (3.4 oz.) chocolate instant pudding
- The remainder of the Cool Whip Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, room temperature butter, and chopped pecans.
- Spray with cooking spray a 9 x 13 pan.
- Press the flour mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- While cooling, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and one cup Cool Whip topping.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the 3 cups of milk and two packages of pudding.
- Pour over crust and cream cheese mixture.
- Cool in refrigerator for 45 minutes to set the pudding.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip.