This is not your traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. This chocolate chip butter cookie recipe starts with a butter cookie base for a lighter more shortbread feeling with just the perfect touch of chocolate. It makes the perfect company for a nice cup of coffee or tea. They are also just the right size that when I eat two or three at a time I don’t feel hardly any guilt at all. So, treat yourself to a chocolate chip butter cookie, they are delicious.
- ¾ Stick plus 2 tablespoons of butter (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray or use a Silpat on a cookie sheet
- Using an electric mixer, combine the ¾ stick plus 2 tablespoons butter and the 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Once fluffy, mix in the ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Slowly mix in the 1 ½ cups of sifted flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Once combined, fold in the cup of chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon full of batter on the cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes.
Check out additional dessert recipes, like this one for my Chocolate Caramel Poke Cake.