I just love this Chicken and Brocolli Lo Mein Recipe. It has so much flavor and is so easy to make. I have updated the recipe so that it has more sauce because my family likes things a little saucy.
I was also so glad that I have finally found a really good boxed lo mein noodle to use with this recipe. You should check out Simply Asia Chinese Style Lo Mein (a McCormick Product). Another great thing about this Chicken and Brocolli Lo Mein recipe is that you can add any vegetable or meat to it that you would like. It is absolutely something that you can customize to your taste.
Check out the recipe, and as always, if you have any questions place a comment below, or message me through my Instagram account @simplymauriekay.
Chicken and Broccoli Lo Mein
3 chicken breast (cubed)
1 1/2 cups water
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 white onion (chopped)
1 head of broccoli (chopped)
1/2 container sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tablespoon red pimentos
1 box Simply Asia Lo Mein (prepared as directed on box)
- In a medium saucepan or wok, place 1 1/2 cups of water and cubed chicken breast.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces and 1 cup of the chicken broth.
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 teaspoons of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, and 1/4 cup of soy sauce. Place the chicken pieces in the bowl and place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Put 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in the original medium saucepan or wok. Heat the oil over medium heat and add 1/2 chopped white onion, 1 head of chopped broccoli, 1/2 container sliced mushrooms, and 1 Tablespoon pimentos.
- Add the rest (1/2 cup) of the chicken broth. Stir and cook over medium heat until the onion are soft and the mushrooms and broccoli are to your desired tenderness.
- Add the chicken and the marinade to the saucepan.
- Stir until the chicken is hot and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over the prepared Simply Asia Lo Mein Noodles.
If you like this recipe, check out my Sesame Chicken Recipe.