When life gives you lemons, or rather ice, you should make these Easy Lemon Cupcakes if you are currently living in Texas. This week has been unprecedented here in Texas. With temperatures plummeting into the low single digits, electricity out all over the state, and now severe damage caused by burst pipes, it has been horrible for so many. I myself live in the country and was without power and water for a few days. Thankfully, we have our own water well, and with great planning and a husband that can repair water pipes, we are back up to almost normal.
Right before all of this happened, I was preparing by collecting 15 gallons of drinkable water, making a large pot of soup, and these marvelous Lemon Cupcakes. I was very glad that I did so! We have enjoyed every last one of them over the last few days.
Once the sun starts to shine again, and the ice begins to melt, grab a box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix, and try this easy recipe out. Maybe it will put a smile upon your face for a moment.
Easy Lemon Cupcakes
1 plain yellow cake mix
1 package (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup of canola or vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
4 large eggs
- Cream Cheese Icing
1/4 (4 oz.) block of cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter (softened)
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the package of yellow cake mix, the package of lemon pudding mix, 3/4 cup of oil, 3/4 cup of water, and 4 eggs.
- Place the mixture into a prepared (sprayed with cooking spray) cupcake pan. I use Texas size cupcake pan, which makes 6. A regular size cupcake pan should make 12.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the center of the cupcake springs back when touched.
- Remove and allow to cool
- For the Icing
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the softened cream cheese and butter.
- Slowly mix in the 2 cups of powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time) and the teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Ice the tops of the cooled cupcakes.
If you like these delicious cupcakes, check out my Italian Cream Cupcakes. They are a little more complicated to make but well worth the effort.