So, I have tried several different recipe cards in this blog, and so far, the best way I have found to give y’all my recipes is to type them in. I know that people love to “jump” to the recipe card, but until I find one that works better, I am sorry that you might have to scroll through a paragraph before getting to the good stuff. Speaking of good things, how about this Gooey Pecan Butter Cake. I made this recently, and it was a BIG hit with my family. Gooey and Pecans said together, just tells it all.
For the Base:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
For the Top:
- 1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick of butter (room temperature)
- 3 ¾ cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1 stick of melted butter, 1 large egg, and 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Press this into the bottom of a pan. I used a 9 x 13 pan, and remember that the base does not cover the whole bottom. Just press it even and thin, and it is OK for there to be “holes.”
- Next, in the same bowl (using an electric mixer), mix the 8 oz. block of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1 stick of butter.
- Slowly mix in the 3 ¾ cups of powdered sugar.
- Place mixture over the base.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes. (if you can wait that long)
- Cut into squares and then serve.
Be sure and check out my other desserts like my easy lemon cupcakes.