I just recently made this Banana Split Cake for an office lunch, and boy, it was delicious. This is a no-bake cake that I found from one of my favorite food bloggers. I Wash You Dry has tons of blogs that can really get the food creativity flowing. I modified the recipe some to better suit my families taste. This makes a great dessert to take to any gathering.
Banana Split Cake
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
16 oz. (2 blocks) room temperature cream cheese
8 oz. can of crushed pineapple (drained)
3 medium bananas
2 cups of cold milk
2 3.9 oz. packages of vanilla instant pudding mix
2 cups of thawed Cool Whip topping
1 pint fresh strawberries (washed and sliced)
- Combine the 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, and the 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass casserole dish.
- Used an electric mixer, mix the 2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar until creamy.
- Carefully spread over the graham cracker base.
- Next, layer on the drained pineapple, and sliced bananas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the 2 packages of pudding mix with the 2 cups of cold milk. Once combined fold in 1/2 cup of the cool whip topping.
- Spread the pudding mixture on top and then layer on the remainder (1 1/2 cups) of the cool whip topping.
- Place the dish into the refrigerator for at lease 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, garnish with sliced strawberries and chocolate syrup.
If you like this dessert, be sure to try out some of my other recipes, like my killer triple chocolate chip cookies.