I just love this chicken marsala! This recipe is one of my go-to meals for an easy and very satisfying dinner. Chicken breast and my iron skillet create something that my family devours and always head back to the kitchen for second helpings!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons marsala cooking wine
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 10-12 small white mushrooms (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place an oven-safe skillet on the stovetop on medium heat. (I use my iron skillet).
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet.
- Brown the chicken breast on both sides, remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Pour the 1 cup of chicken broth, 2 cups of heavy cream, 2 Tablespoons of marsala wine, and the whole mushrooms into the skillet.
- Stir to combine and then add 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Stir continuously until the sauce is bubbly.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the browned chicken.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- I take cooked pasta and add that into the warm skillet and then serve this straight from the skillet.
If you love this dish, you should try out my marsala beef and potatoes too!