Check out this Starbucks Lemon Loaf Dupe!
So, it is not often that I “copycat” a recipe, but when my daughter challenged me to make something like the Starbucks Lemon Loaf but with a cake mix… I was intrigued. I took a Duncan Hines yellow cake mix and let my mind wander… of course, I had to visit a Starbucks a few times to taste what I was trying to copy! LOL! What I came up with, if I say so myself, is divine. I plan on making it over and over again, especially for special occasions and office parties. Try it! It is simple to make and goes so well with a nice cup of coffee. I know I enjoyed sitting on my front porch with this treat while I appreciated my day!
- One box of yellow cake mix
- ½ Cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan. I use some parchment paper for the bottom and two sides (think taco) and then cooking spray for the ends.
- In a medium bowl mix together all of the above ingredients in the order listed. I use my KitchenAid mixer but an electric hand mixer works too.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and place into the preheated oven for 55 minutes or until the middle comes out toothpick clean.
- Remove the loaf from the pan.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before drizzling the icing over the top.
If you love this recipe but are looking for something not in the dessert category, check out my basic lemon butter sauce to pour over fish or chicken!