Inspired by a Tuscan Chicken recipe, this Creamy Dijon Chicken is one of my favorite recipe creations. The chicken is moist and full of flavor. The sauce has just the right hint of tang. I have always lived by the rule that I want the people that eat my food to find the perfect blend of seasoning and not be overwhelmed by one single flavor. This recipe does that perfectly. Served with cooked pasta, my Creamy Dijon Chicken it is ready in 30 minutes and will have your family and friends asking for more.
- 2 chicken breast
- ½ cup of flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for the bottom of a pan)
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 fresh tomato (cubed)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Cut the chicken breast into six pieces
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan
- Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and fry in the oil to brown (2 minutes on each side)
- Remove the chicken and drain the oil
- In the same pot, add the chicken broth, mustard, whipping cream, tomato, broccoli, and basil.
- Stir together and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is done and the veggies are tender
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Here is an additional chicken recipe that my family just loves. Sesame Chicken.